Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Flights, Flights & Awesome Nights!

I returned from Adelaide a few days ago, before that I was on a break on Hamilton Island. It was really beautiful there, I enjoyed so many good nights and great dinners. Cocktail Hour was a highlight, you could pool hop and enjoy the view and the drinks. The weather was a bit sketchy at times but we watched a movie each day and even though the weather wasn't perfect like earlier this year it was still fitting as we watched a few scary movies which matched the night time atmosphere on the island with howling winds and cracks of thunder.


Before Hamilton Island I was on the Gold Coast and finished 18th in the Gold Coast Champs out of 220. It was a 1k repercharge and 1st was 55k. The guy who won it, I played a lot of pots against and won most. There were at least five hands that were pretty awesome between us (which I have noted and may refer to later in a strategy post). However, I lost 3 flips late against other players any of these would have given me double average and i would have been in a strong position to crush the final table.

I have never seen a more bubble sensitive field, I basically opened every hand and when the bubble burst 4 of the 24 players had < 4 bbs. The only thing that was close to that sensitivity was Adelaide ANZPT in February. The funny thing is everyone knows what is going on but still the players are super fearful. 

After returning from Adelaide after my flight was cancelled due to Industrial Action between QANTAS and it's employees, I caught up with family in Sydney, slept in my own bed and got up at midnight for a Monday session (Sunday in the Northern Hemisphere).

 The big news on the day was WaGe N WarZ finishing 3rd in the 2nd Chance which upper cut him out of make up! He has been working hard, I really admire his grit and determination.

I had a win this week in the $55+r big ante for just over 5k. Plenty of people are getting involved on my Facebook and Twitter promotions. There are two running at the moment. The 'fishy avatar' promo has over 25 entries and plenty of people voting and as of today we have 4 quads or better entries in the 'wanna piece of me' competition. For more details click here http://www.facebook.com/pages/Jesse-On-The-Mac-McKenzie/268385906533569

No comments:

Post a Comment