Wednesday, November 16, 2011

To The Zoo!

  


I took a break yesterday and went to Taronga Zoo in Sydney.  It was a a pretty nice day and it struck me that these 20 foot tall Giraffes are held in an enclosure by a 4 foot high fence.  It reminds me of a trained Elephant in a circus that is held down by a stake in the ground with a thin rope.  Yet these Meerkats next door had a wall 10 times there height to keep them in!

Similarly, I think we limit ourselves when there really is no reason why we can't do so many things in life.  Take a chance.  At times we set illogical limits on ourselves.  Be willing to take the path less travelled.  Embrace new and different situations.  Travel to new and exciting places while you can.  Let your kids do what they really want to do and support them in their endeavours.

After the zoo we went back to the airport and whilst waiting for Nic's flight I final tabled the 51 hyper.  I  woke up pretty fresh today and I had a few deep runs in the 162 and then did final table the 55 Nightly Thirty Grand for just under 2k.  I've been enjoying my week.  I stayed at a boutique hotel Tuesday in the Cross with Nic after a pretty average Monday (FT'd the 44t for not much).  Also Friday night I went to my cousins birthday.  Brazilian BBQ is so good!



No comments:

Post a Comment