Saturday, February 27, 2010

Non Poker Ramblings (ok there is still some poker)

I am pretty bored with my writing about poker. I have other interesting things that go on in my life too:) I think I may start rambling on about other fun and interesting topics. Let's see how many poker references follow.

The bowls pennant season has started and I am skipping a rink. We had a convincing round one win against Northmead. We have pretty cool new pennant shirts as well (great material and styling).
We were all very happy with our 6-0 victory. I feel like I have been waiting so long for this opportunity and it has finally arrived. It is great to be a part of this team. I put down approxiamately 500 bowls in preparation this week. They were delivered in 4 quality sessions with team mates. We practiced and drilled hard and had one person setting up game scenarios and calling shots. It really gave me the confidence to call tough shots in the game that I had seen my third nail dozens of times in training and vice versa.

It was like all our birthday's had come at once!

It seems like all my mates birthday's are happening at once. This means many big nights out. One particular night we went out to Manly on Valentine's weekend. Our accomodation was less than stellar, as the demand for accomodation that weekend was high, but we all managed and didn't really spend too much time in our room anyway. The birthday boy was so sick he had to be driven home immediately after a game of bowls in the morning and I had to get the ferry and train home!

We meet some pretty cool people on our night out. There were the horse trainers and the CSU CSI people. I mostly just chilled whilst everyone got right on it! We had some good food and the drinks kept flowing! It is my birthday soon, and everyone seems to be doing pretty well so I am expecting some pretty awesome presents from all!

One of our teammates has booked next weekend for Manly again and I might as well book it for the following weekend as well! Manly or Darling Harbour...I think we might go out in the city for my birthday instead of Manly for a change. It will be easier for poker friends to join in on the celebrations. I don't want those guys
to miss out. We have all worked really hard together to improve our games and any gains I make are in no small part due to our collaboration through discussions, calculations and hand history revisions. I don't think you can discount the generally aura awesomeness transfer either! It seems like when someone goes well it spurs everyone on.

Europa

I didn't manage to get over this Summer. I still really want to go to Europe. Etihad have some great return tickets to Germany. The airfare is less than 2k return, I have plans to travel there in May. Ship me my club incentive payments please. I'd like to
not have to take out any money from my poker bankroll as it is building steadily.

No comments:

Post a Comment